Old 03-29-22, 11:21 AM   #4486
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
The revised final released 9/28/2021.

Wish you could double the sonar scan rate like FotRSU... Gets rather monotonous/tedius waiting for such a slow 360 scan rate every time I do a sonar scan. My technique of playing at the start in 1941 once within a patrol area is to patrol at accelerated time speed to maybe x32 or x64 for 30 minutes advance then revert to x1 and do a sonar scan... rinse, repeat, until I find a sonar signal to home in on. Then make a bee line for it at full speed until I get an on-map sonar trace.

Once I find a viable target, I play out the battle almost full time x1. Some of my intercept battles take me 3 or 4 hours real time to resolve... Realism for the battles themselves. I'm retired so I can enjoy the process...

We operate in a similar manner, I use TC sparingly and operate according to the era...early war I am submerged in daylight when in operate era, sonar scans etc. In a attack, TC is rarely used. I leave a patrol running as have a desktop use just for SH 4, only time reload a saved game is rare time when power goes out, rare CTD etc. I also run about half of my patrols without map contact updates,.

Far as the sonar scan, I will consider it. I would have to find out how to change the rotation speed lol but for realism purposes, speed seems correct and is okay with me, although it does seem a bit slow at times. If I recall the sound heads were rotated by hand (there is even a rotating handle on the console lol) and as such speed seems appropriate. Plus, gives time to thoroughly scan.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote