Old 01-13-22, 06:38 PM   #2
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhaupt View Post
Am I missing something here? I'm playing on 100 percent realism, regularly attack and sink ships out of convoys, and have never had a destroyer do more than take a cursory sniff around.

I have been playing my current campaign from the earliest start date and operation drumbeat just started. I'm getting a little frustrated with how routine everything seems. Am I missing something in the settings to have the ai be more aggressive? I have attacked next to 15 convoys in my current game and the response from the ai just does not happen, I have yet to see a single depth charge. What's going on? I can get them to shoot at me if I attack on the surface, bit submerged...nothing

Will this ramp up as the war progresses? It's getting a bit boring.
Well... where to begin here... hmmm...

To begin with... are you flat out rolling with SH3, set up as flat out stock... did you modify stock to include any mods... which, makes for a problematic mix... as if anything goes wrong with the mix you cross frankensteined... then will end result with having to wipe out the whole shooting match (better still, if you're using jsgme, to inject mods into the mix, looking to achieve the level of realism that you're after... )

That said... & if not stock or some small number of add in mods... are you using a mod set mix... such as... LSH3, NYGM, CCoM, GWX.... of which there are others, but... for brevity, will just stop there... listing every last single one.

So... it'd help to know just what your set up is there, pardener...

If you are indeed, using jsgme... is but a simple task...

Open jsgme, click on tasks, there dead center... in the pop up menu, scroll down & select export & select to clipboard.

This, will allow you to very easily (& handily, I might add... ) paste that clipboard copy of what mods you have activated... thereby, allowing us the other subsim members, to purview just what you're rolling with... & see if there is a solution or if a solution is even needed or not.

It could be, that if you're early on in the war... that you're hitting those... "happy times" that the U-boat kaleuns had... & Yes, if the AI is such that its set that they begin making you regret having rolled outta bed to board the boat, later on in the war.... say around, tail end of '41... I believe it was... ... then you're well squared away.

As with that point on, U-boats & their crews, literally got their aft ends handed back to them & started that trend of 1 out of 4, surviving.

Hope this info helps...

M. M.