View Single Post
Old 06-27-22, 08:20 AM   #3569
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
I'll be the first to say the 73 decision had its flaws. The terms compelling government interest is BS, always a excuse used to justify violating rights of the people. That was a flaw in the decision, body autonomy is absolute.
In the end, court held the right to abortion is protected under 14th amendment. Body autonomy is a privacy issue and privacy is a constitutional right. True, not enumerated but heavily implied and not far fetched. Really 3rd and 4th amendments are all about privacy, to prevent government intrusion. Not overreach to prevent states, which had shown and continue to show, they are willing to do so.

I fought for my own body autonomy and that of others, from the government and private entities trying to use that mandate as a shield and we won. Women deserve the same autonomy over their bodies, period.
so when exactly does the baby's rights kick in?

This all or nothing attitude from the "pro-choice" crowd is becoming tiresome. Tell you what, how about a compromise, I'll agree to unfettered access to abortions provided you agree to unfettered access to keep and bear arms.
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote