View Single Post
Old 04-01-22, 10:28 AM   #24
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
Jeeze! I was hoping this was a real deal...and we could name one blend Aktung's CuppaJoe My dad, a chemical engineer, made instant coffee For 20 years in MPLS for most of the nation's supermarket chains and military K-rations; the blend was mostly his calibrated on his taste-buds; his employment deferment from the 1950 Korean war was his value as a "creator of coffee and tea rations as a considerable military morale booster"; which kept him out of MIG-bait B-29s... hence my 1951 arrival on the planet??!! There's nuthin I don't know,,,or 'preciate 'bout the bean. Makin' the morning pot is the the last act of my day before turning in.
My mum made the strongest cup of coffee I have ever had. I had stopped at her home one time as we were going somewhere. She politely asked if I would like a cup of coffee and I would replied that I would never turn that down. I poured a generous amount of half and half in the coffee and it stayed black.

I asked her how many scoops of coffee she put in the coffee machine. She replied, Oh, I don't know, maybe 9 or 10. I added about 3/4 more water to my cup and still got heart burn.

Today, my coffee consumption is 1-2 cups per day. I use the Kuerig machine as it doesn't make sense to make a lot of coffee. If I make a pot of coffee, I will drink it. The rest of the time, I drink " bug juice" and or ice water. My physician told me during a doctor visit that too much coffee was making me jittery and irritable.

I asked him how he could tell and how was that different than any other time.

@ Neal. I have to admit that you once again had me on your April fools scam. Every year in Subsim, I say, it won't happen next year. You won't get me next year. Yeah, right.

My bad.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote