View Single Post
Old 02-24-13, 01:01 PM   #63
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post
The 'Sun News Network' is a slightly to the right organization that is sometimes refered to as "Fox News North." A little biased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betonov View Post
Intersting link.

Now really, how come Canada has such a lower gun violence rate than the US, despite allowing Canadians to bear arms ??
Canada has different gun laws to begin with. Canada's Gun laws are federal and uniform across the country. Most U.S. laws vary from state to state. That being said, Canada and Connecticut have very similar stances when it comes to back ground checks, safety courses and mental health history. Connecticut has very restrictive gun controls but it didn't stop the Sandy Hook killings.

Canada has about 1/3 the guns per capita than the USA. I've lived here all my life and have never felt the need to arm myself for protection.

Different culture, different mindset. Maybe I'm not sure. But don't think for a moment that a 'Sandy Hook' type incident couldn't happen here. God forbid, but it could happen anywhere.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online   Reply With Quote