View Single Post
Old 02-24-13, 12:42 PM   #62
Wolferz
Navy Seal

Downloads: 52
Uploads: 0
Maybe non-committal is the entire problem...
Non committal of the mentally ill that is.

It seems to me that 100% of the actors in these mass murder sprees is mentally ill. Restriction of gun ownership will not stop the insane from doing what they do. There are far too many ways available to mass murder people. The NRA serves its function. The Federal government, not so much.

The only gun control I subscribe to is hitting what I aim at and insuring that my guns are not accessible to a wack job.

Finger pointing is a self deprecating exercise because you will notice that you have three more fingers that are pointed at yourself.

Technically, the only cause of gun violence is desperation coupled with hatred and a glaring lack of long term mental health infrastructure to head off the borderline psychotic before he stews long enough to pop the pressure cooker lid of modern society.

NRA arrogant? No. Fanatics? Yes. But I loathe labels so I place none on the NRA other than their moniker.

If one freedom is surrendered for a false safety, the rest will slip through our fingers like sand.
The founders were adamant and thorough in their drafting of the constitution and the amendments that followed. They should not be given up so lightly, just because a few crazy people abused them.
Possession of firearms is a freedom that also comes with an obligation.
Freedom is only an inch away from anarchy. Denial of freedom will insure it.

Tomorrow never comes
Wolferz is offline   Reply With Quote