View Single Post
Old 04-10-24, 12:14 PM   #4199
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

...had a fairly great yesterday!We had to go see our tax accountant, thinking that cashing in an IRA from my Federal days 22 years ago to pay for the daughter's nuptuals and simplify my portfolio to my single mutual funds account, was going to to run me $5K as I had not withheld anything for Federal taxes. The IRA itself was complete fluke-freeby as the fraudulent contractor, using the $3.00 per hr. health-benefit to pay insurance; but not putting anything leftover into the employees' IRAs, had utterly forgotten to transfer me onto a new midcontract employee health plan changeover and had to then put the entire fund entirely into an IRA account, leaving me with a healthy $7K at contract's end in 1999. My wife's employment insurance had covered my own health concerns. Some 200 other guards also suddenly got the leftover small-change into their 'new' IRAs! I let the IRA gain over 2 decades until 2023 when I simplified things and cashed out. My taxman ran the numbers including $12K Federal deduction on our new solar system , and I only had to pay $800.00 for the IRA cashout! Throw in the monthly mutual funds summary: my account gained $6K!? I figure that puts me up $10K on the day just sitting on my dead ass blogging... JEEZE! I might even fill the gas tanks (CA gas is $5 a gallon!) on my '86 Camry and '05 Corolla...such mind-boggling extravagance!??

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote