View Single Post
Old 04-14-24, 09:36 PM   #174
derstosstrupp
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 489
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidd View Post
Many thanks Stosstrupp, as always a great pleasure to read some of your amazing knowledge. I am wondering, however, what you might regard as a sensible way of handling operating the engine in charge mode when the batteries are already at 9.3Kah?
I think they should implement some manner of consequence, maybe in the form of gassing. Ventilation appears to be a consideration by them (we see them having implemented workable ventilation foot valves in the diesel room for instance). But it’s hard making any real suggestions at this point because the batteries aren’t modeled accurately at all. They are considered to be “electrolyte buckets” which is not how batteries work. For example, in real life, you could deeply discharge the batteries at AK over an hour, drop to a slow speed, and have another several hours left all of a sudden. That’s not how it works in Wolfpack - the chemistry that causes that phenomenon is not modeled. And so, since the consequence of bringing the batteries above their gassing voltage is also a chemical phenomenon, it’s hard to suggest something in this direction when the fundamental model is not correct.

But as a shortcut, stopgap, something along the lines of a risk of gassing if the ventilation system is not turned on when continuing a charge is not entirely far-fetched. But it is also silly in a way, because there’s no reason to continue a charge in the game. In real life, you prolong the charge monthly for the health of your battery cells. That’s not a consideration in the game. And so it would be purely punitive, which may not be the best for game design.

One-Stop Targeting Shop:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...WwBt-1vjW28JbO
My YT Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIJ...9FXbD3S2kgwdPQ
derstosstrupp is online   Reply With Quote