View Single Post
Old 11-17-19, 10:37 AM   #19
PanzerDan86
Seaman

Downloads: 40
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Type VIIC will become available for you in Western Aproaches/Mare Nostrum campaigns but only if your ratings are positive...
Ok cool, but how are ratings determined? Does it have to do with the number of ships I sink? I would assume so, but it would be good to have this confirmed. Whenever I exit the game after saving, the screen says "Rating: Promising". Does that mean that I'll get the upgrade once I select a new campaign?

Another question for you:

On my second patrol I selected BCW because it was the only one available. Once I was already at sea, the "Breaking the Fortress" mission became available so I never actually got to select it directly. However, I entered Scapa Flow and sunk a large battleship while I was supposed to be doing the BCW mission. I think I sank it on October 9th. After sinking the battleship I returned to BCW and kept sinking merchants and made sure to remain at sea until the deadline for breaking the fortress passed (October 15th) and the mission was no longer visible. I then ended my 2nd patrol on October 16th. Did I get credit for completing Breaking the fortress? Or was I supposed to end the patrol before October 15th to get credit for it? I don't see any of the Iron Cross emblems across the top of my map where the different missions are available. I don't even see them for the BCW mission either...even though I sank some ships within the zone. Now I'm on my 3rd patrol doing the Northern Approaches mission. Have I messed up my campaign progress? Do I need to keep sinking ships in a mission until I see the Iron Cross emblem? Are Iron Cross emblems the way to tell if you've "passed" a mission?

Last edited by PanzerDan86; 11-17-19 at 10:50 AM.
PanzerDan86 is offline   Reply With Quote