View Single Post
Old 03-08-24, 04:41 AM   #1749
casabianca
Swabbie

Downloads: 140
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by maru View Post
Thank you, the first video you linked is the one I mentioned in my initial post. If I understand it correctly, he puts in 90° AOB at periscope 0° because his course is perpendicular to the target's course. That's one way of doing it. What I'd like to know is how to use the RAOBF disk in the attack periscope view to find the AOB.

I saw in a different video that you have to count the optical length of the target using the tick marks at the bottom of the periscope, but sadly the RAOBF disk layout in that video was different from the one used in this mod.

First identify your target then calculate the distance:
- counts the number of vertical lines to the highest point of the target.
- find the corresponding number on the middle disc (bottom numbers) and turn the disc until you have your number at the very top (opposite the 90 on the inner disc)
- reads the distance (middle disk, top numbers) displayed opposite the target height (outer disk) found in the identification book
- count the number of horizontal lines
- on your raobf disk turn the middle disk to match your distance found with the length of the target
- find the number of horizontal lines that you previously observed on the middle disk (bottom numbers) the AOB is the number located opposite on the internal disc

I hope this is clear enough for you

Good hunt
casabianca is offline   Reply With Quote