View Single Post
Old 05-21-22, 03:31 PM   #2553
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
Would some animations in SH4 format count?
NOT Mesh animations as in SH3. But TRUE SH4 animations.
Hey great to see you again! I would be happy to give you pretty much anything I've worked on, knowing your skill....you name it I can send it! We will be in touch. I have gigs and gigs of source material and ships/figures/aircraft.

I did not forget about our discussions, and actually it's a good time to get together again because I have decided on the poly count for new NPC human figures (about 1400 polys for men, 1800 polys for women). I tested my high-poly freighter with about 40-50 crewmen at ~ 1500 polys each, and got no slowdown. On top of that, we can use minrenderdim controllers and object substitution to optimize things even more. Imagine a realistic number of people on ships, going about their business or abandoning ship. Much nicer than stock silent hunter "ghost ships", eh?

I am starting to build a library of ship crew members, based on the SH4 submarine crew and some 3rd party figures I paid for to get permission to use. Categories will be:

-Navy Sailors
-Soldiers
-Merchant Sailors
-3rd Class Passengers/Refugees
-Wealthy Passengers
-Fishermen
-Nurses/Hospital Ship Crew
-Dock Workers

IMHO we probably don't need anything too extravagant, just "at rest", "panic", and maybe jumping overboard animations. Possibly a few others like soldiers firing guns, fishermen fishing, etc.

I have already gathered some pictures of Edwardian-era clothing so we can have nice, period appropriate skins.

Also, a few new animations for the player sub wouldn't hurt (U-Boat chef cooking, crew torpedo maintenance, helping injured comrades, etc).
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote