View Single Post
Old 10-11-13, 01:50 AM   #36
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by V13dweller View Post

I made an attempt many months ago, it gives the hydrophone 100 km of listen distance (Only for the AI operator) so you should get the lines pointing to them at 100 km.
To the best of my knowledge, setting sensor ranges so high won't help in any way.

IIRC, SH5 rendered world ends in a radius of about 40 km from player's unit. Outside this radius, the game will still keep track of other units, but it will treat them as dimensionless points with a nationlity, a class, a veterancy level, a speed, a route to follow or a destination to reach, and probably no much more than this. I am not sure if anything can disturb them while they are in this status, but it is probable that the outcome of any possible event (as the clash with enemy units) is decided by rolling dices. Also note that any information on previously suffered damage, or used ordnance, will be lost. Moreover, not being "physical" objects, units beyond the rendered world can't be detected, neither by the player, nor by the u-boat crew.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote