View Single Post
Old 11-17-21, 06:00 PM   #4
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

radar

Ok, how many of us (subsimmer's...) actually dink about with Single missions... much less the Museum... really... really mess with going into that segment of the sim/game.?

I know that I don't & am willing to be, that there's a lot that don't either.

For those that do... fine... set the needed verbotten garbage, into a separate add on mod folder... & let them set up a stand alone SH4 set up for that, or can leave it in their mix.

As I know of, recall a lot of back & forth posts... about the horrors of crashes/corrupted game saves, because of the museum... & on the subject of single missions... can't say on that score. Soo.... that is files & such, that's taking up space. Follow...

Then, there is the question... with, for example... a U.S. skipper career... what's the use of & point of having, playable Uboats... sound & text that are for use if you are tooling about in a Kaleun career.... when you're a Fleetboat skipper from the U.S. ???

On that, leads Me to wonder... on the flip side, if that isn't contributing to issues with the Uboat side of things... getting orders to do a patrol, where a U.S. sub would be called for to do... getting equipment that is for a U.S fleetboat... can recall a issue with a Type 7, getting a load out of Mk XIV torps... when T-I, T-II, T-III's would be the standard for a Uboat... NOT Mk XIV's.

All of that, am thinking, should be stuff that is able to be culled from stock SH4... & can be then added in, per which side you want to roll with here.. say, for instance... Fleetboat skipper... you add into the jsgme, a mod folder that has nothing but what is needed for a playable U.S. skipper... 1 stock SH4 install... & bam...

Think pnp (plug-n-play) capability... SH4 style...

All the info you need, is in that MODS folder... just for that career... then...

wanna tool about in a Uboat career... pull the MODS folder, for the U.S career, stick it in your SH4-MOD career backup folder... drop in the Uboat MOD set & as quick as Bob's your unkle.... you're good to go... which with that, would also work with... doing a Brit sub skipper career, also... & when the IJN mod set comes out... if that ever does, could also apply to that set, too.

This would also, apply to your save folders... as well... Can do a folder to save your career save folders, then pull out the 1 you want to roll with... & bam... all set to pick up, where you left off... & as quick as Bob's your unkle.... you're good to go...

M. M.