View Single Post
Old 11-17-21, 01:02 PM   #2
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Been thinking on this subject... & am really... interested, in knowing...

Is it possible to put SH (stock, to begin with...) on a diet, of non needed files & folders... to facilitate the feasibility of being able to use say... mods that improve the interiors better, additional ships, (better designed with better damage models, different skins... NOT to fail to mention, ensuring that the ships in it, as well as add on ships mods, have factual, actual used ships included in the rosters & convoy's) & the improvement of Wilhelmshaven, Lorient (namely, proper base locations) & other bases used by the Uboats during the war, that had dock locks such as Wilhelmshaven did.

This last part with regards to Wilhelmshaven/Lorient, is more geared to the Uboat mod sets... but, would also hold true for.. say SubRon 50 & We dive at Dawn, if you go with a non Med career...

Am thinking, that 1 area to start would be with the single missions section... & the museum (2ndly).. to begin with... & any other stuff NOT deemed needed for SH3 to run.

Thoughts... idea's... suggestions...

M. M.
this is something that i have thought about also.
i "think" one should be able to edit a couple of config files such that the number of files present in the folder system will be reduced.
for example, if one is using MultiSH4 to create a separate game environment for FOTRSU, they probably do not need any file relating to the German side of things, so, theoretically, one could eliminate the loading of those files by editing the cfg file(s) and thereby lower the memory load.
unless i am missing what you are saying......

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote