View Single Post
Old 05-10-22, 01:21 AM   #18
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0

What I wanted was this kit:

That Beemax/nunu Porsche 935 K3 has been tough to find in the US.

This does bring up where you buy your kits and supplies, however.

If you have a local hobby shop, by all means support them.
If you've found a good on-line source and you can trust them, work with that.
If you find a sketchy web store, its usually best to move along.

Amazon and EBay- I mostly use them to get a good handle on what kits and supplies are available and what they are worth. Both can have their downsides. I still don't understand the EBay idea of bidding on everything. Likewise, Amazon seems to embrace the context that EVERYTHING MUST GO!! Discounts are fine but they are also a quick way to totally gut the hobby. If a manufacturer is willing to take a hit on their bottom line just to clear out some stock, what are you really buying?

I do this stuff as a hobby. I expect to pay some kind of premium to get the stuff I want. I don't mind paying for quality as long as I'm not getting ripped off and its something I really want to build.

With the Beemax Porsche kit, I wanted to build it at some point but it wasn't an obsession and I knew availability in the US was the tough part. Seeing it on the web site I later removed just let me know that the kit was available again but then things got sketchy really fast and I bailed out.

I checked on Amazon to figure out what was going on and found it available from a Japanese source for about $60 including shipping.
Due to the availability issues with this kit, I figured now (when I knew I could order it) would be the right time and it should be showing up sometime before the end of the month.
ET2SN is online   Reply With Quote