View Single Post
Old 06-21-21, 10:36 AM   #58
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threadfin View Post
Great reports mate. Following along and enjoying the read. Things are looking bleak at the mo, but help is on the way as the arsenal of democracy ramps it up.

Your opponent is far more bold than I would have guessed possible. It feels to me like he is lunging, and I'd think sustaining these moves would prove very difficult. Will be interesting to see if he pays the price for reaching so far so fast. I mean the war is only 3 weeks old at this point.

You're like rope-a-dope. Absorb the blows then explode off the ropes.

What are the victory conditions for each side?
Every choice has consequences, and I'm really hoping the committment of so much to Hawaii hurts him everywhere else. I've already reinforced Singapore and Burma, and I've got two more convoys of troops enroute. I should have at least 2 more brigades in the west in another 2 weeks.

I'm also going to take advantage of the fact as long as the KB is at Pearl, and that as long as Pearl exists and is sending out recon flights, I know where the KB is. Yorktown arrives in theatre tomorrow.

[EDITED!!!] Victory is based on Victory Points. The game starts checking for a winner (by "Automatic Victory") as early as 12/7/42 and will end in 1946 by default.

Decisive Victory: x1.75 opponent's VP
Marginal Victory x1.25-1.75 opponent's VP
Draw: x1-1.25 opponent's VP
If the game times out in 1946, the rating above shifts two rates in favor of Japan. So, what would be a Decisive Victory by points for the Allies becomes a Draw.
Automatic victory: 1943: 4x opponent's VP; 1944: 3x opponent's VP, 1945: 2x opponent's VP

VPs come from mostly from bases held and enemy units destroyed.
Our current score is 1.472:1 in my favor (because I still hold most of the bases in the southern resource area). There hasn't been a single turn in which I have gained VP against him, though, he chips away every turn.

Last edited by Molon Labe; 06-21-21 at 11:03 AM.
Molon Labe is offline   Reply With Quote