View Single Post
Old 04-05-07, 06:03 AM   #181
Dustyboats
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
First Hits. First Patrol.

I'm driving a Gar boat to Honshu. All tigerdy boo! Dived for daylight hours, contact reported Stb bow by Sonar. "OK boys. Ahead Flank". The response was instantanious! Sounded General Quarters, crew nervous, new skipper, but only half as much as me. Periscope depth, periscope up and down like a fiddlers elbow. Nothing in sight. Still closing the Sonar bearing. I'm dying to see a large merchantman...."Short Range" from Sonar. Up scope......a fishing boat. "Surface the boat. Engage target with gunfire" Now I'm in trouble! Flashed to the bridge manned the TBT, line on target.....NO guns crew.....I'm shot to pieces by a light machine gun, but I hold on grimly. An inspiration from my Exec. alongside me......"Sir we had doughnuts last night. Lets throw them"
The Exec is on a charge! Finally got the fishing boat to stop firing so went alongside. Exchanged two cans of peaches for fresh fish. Withdrew from area 1000yds, turned and gave him a Mark10.....boom!!!! Moral? Never trust a boats skipper!
Dustyboats is offline   Reply With Quote