View Single Post
Old 06-22-21, 03:10 AM   #6
Seademon
Seaman

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0
Default Why silent hunter ?

silent hunter 3 has sound bugs and issues but you can get over that if you remember to save regularly.

Silent hunter 2 had potential with destroyer command but after sony acquired the game license and screwed it over , it took the community to fix it and then it was not well supported.

but compared to 4 and 5, it has the hardest crew management system i.e. the most enjoyable to play.
The american boat was all automatic in a way and they had 3 shifts etc, so they just clocked over to the next one.

SH3 was more individual crew member management and damage control as well so it made it more interesting because at the heart of the game, it is a resource management game, crew and boat and ammunition.

Compared to the GWX mod its fairly easy but its good to break your teeth on.
I cracked 2 dvd's from overheating it in the drive from playing it long periods till getting the steam version and ive played over 500 hours on that but it was the only solution to that and i still play it. Its one of my favourite games and yes it has some good mods if you want to go that way. Changing the officers pics to the ones in das boot is kinda amusing. Not a game you will get sick of in a hurry and when you put it down for other games, I always seem to come back to it whereas others i dont.

There is a lot of maps out there to made by the community, up to about 200, so it would never be boring if you like that kind of resource management strategy game. its basically 3d chess

Seademon

"Damn the torpedoes. Go ahead, full speed" RDML Farragut

Last edited by Seademon; 06-22-21 at 03:29 AM.
Seademon is offline   Reply With Quote