View Single Post
Old 11-03-21, 03:14 AM   #37
Kongo Otto
Commodore

Downloads: 203
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
I do wish Ubi would get their act together, give us a SH 6. Need to make up for SH 4 and 5 but doubt it will happen.
Yeah, can't wait for another Ubisoft U-boat/Fleetboat game riddled with micro-transactions as it is usual today.
Want to have a Fumo29 radar?, here it is in our ingame shop for just 5,99USD. Oh, you want the 40mm Bofors for your Gato, here have it in our ingame shop for just 17,75USD.

All Ubisoft does nowadays ist releasing bland open world games like The Division, Assassins Creed or FarCry. Meh.
I also highly doubt that there is really much of a playerbase left for U-Boat games, they were on the top in the late 1990's/early 2000's, but nowadays there are a niche in a niche game. Which also might be a reasosn for Ubisoft not to touch submarine games anymore, what Ubisoft strives for is the easy to play run of the mill stuff which earns them millions over millions and given the state of their most recent releases I also highly doubt that they have the talent left to make a proper Uboat/submarine game.

Speaking of UBoat:
I've tried it but it in its current state it is just not my cup of tea. I see massive potential for the future tho, but I will keep it uninstalled and wait for a full release. I'm pretty much done investing my time into early access games, most of them (Uboat being an exception) are just not worth it.
Kongo Otto is offline   Reply With Quote