View Single Post
Old 03-06-08, 08:24 AM   #22
Tomcattwo
Loader

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

CRM114 said:
Quote:
When I launched the game via SH3 Commander, the game just wouldn't acknowledge or respond to verbal orders. I was just talking to myself.

This was a fairly unscientific enquiry as I tried and failed just 3 times with SH3 Commander and the fourth time I just launched sh3.exe and it worked; I'll fully admit it may have been some other factor and not SH3 Commander.
OK that's good to know. If SH3Commander launched the game properly, that's expected. Glad to see you worked out the problem. If you were able to pass orders into the game correctly the last time, then SH3Speech was working properly. Try again using SH3Commander. After you have properly installed SH3Speech (including installing SH3Speech_GWX or SH3Speech_OLC via JSGME and adjusted your SH3Speech_GWX2.bat or SH3Speech_OLC.bat file for your SH3 screen resolution), the sequence is:

a) Start SH3Speech by doubleclicking on the desktop icon for the version you are using (GWX_SH3Speech or OLC_SH3Speech). The SH3Speech feedback box should open, showing you SH3Speech's starting parameters and that it loaded properly. Leave this box open.

b) Start SH3 as you normally would, using SH3Commander.

c) When your scenario starts, order "I have ____ tubes" where ____ is the number of tubes on the boat you are commanding, followed by "Reset Tubes". If you are playing either stock SH3 or GWX2, order "Reset Dials" (You don't need this last order if you are playing with OLC's GUI"

d) Go play. Command your crew. Sink ships. Have fun.

Took me a lot longer to explain this than it actually does to do it

R/
TC2
Tomcattwo is offline   Reply With Quote