View Single Post
Old 01-25-23, 10:10 AM   #25
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
Ok, great! So, which one is it? Or is it all those things combined? How do they explain the rapid warming over the past century or so? Since you are so keen to believe anything but human made climate change, surely you can explain at least one of those theories. Right?
Just as well as you can, right?

I know the difference between average temperature and temperature anomaly. I question the use of average temperature base lines as evidence temperatures are rising. Are temperatures actually rising or is it because we have more weather stations around the globe than ever before taking measurements. As our technology improved and the number of weather monitoring stations dramatically increased so did the global average temperatures.

Example:
Quote:
Even if one station were removed from the record, the average anomaly would not change significantly, but the overall average temperature could change significantly depending on which station dropped out of the record. For example, if the coolest station (Mt. Mitchell) were removed from the record, the average absolute temperature would become significantly warmer. However, because its anomaly is similar to the neighboring stations, the average anomaly would change much less.

https://www.ncei.noaa.gov/access/mon...vs-temperature
There were once near zero measuring stations in Africa and South America now there are many. Ocean weather was once only measured along trade routes now we have weather buoys everywhere.. Can you guess what’s going to happen to the global average after new stations are installed in Africa and South America? Again, it’s going to rise as fast as they are placed online.

That’s my understanding of it.

The usual annual arguements we hear about what the warmest year on record and such is over temperature anomalies not temperatures. As for the other theories they are written and available. I see them as strong theories because we do have hard historical evidence of natural causes affecting climate. More so than I do CO2 because nobody has any definitive proof if CO2 is doing anything to our atmosphere. Feel free to read them and make your own decision.

It's an assumption say Im so keen on not 'believing' what I'm not so keen on is fanboy science which dictates anything different than their cherished beliefs is labelled b.s.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 01-25-23 at 02:50 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote