View Single Post
Old 02-20-17, 03:51 PM   #55
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

German defence ministress - lets use a gender-politically correct formulation - von der Leyen indicated that she still underestimates (at least would love to underestimate) the severity of the American demand for more German defence spendings.

At the same time there are real resistences in the defence ministry to reasonably spend more money, the supercomplex internal structure of this nuthouse is against that, it seems, I call it "institutional friction" that bogs down any additonal injction of money into the defence budget. I knew and know some BW boys who leave no good hair on the German defence ministry's competence.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/...a-1135192.html

Not in the linked text, but we had it in the media over here, and I saw it on TV one or two days ago:

On the other hand, the SPD's Sigmar Gabriel, now the new foreign clown minister of the German Order of the Holy Mission to Enlighten the World, already said he sees no reason to spend more money, and one should not be so quick with doing that, since a believable defence policy would necessarily vitally base on economic aid to poor countries in the third world to give people there a perspective, and that these sums of money spent by Germany must be counted as part of Germany's defence budegt.

In how far Russia get deterred by German money presents to failed states and corrupted governments in Africa and the Middle East, he did not care to explain to an uncritical audience. And why should he care to exlain it, if nobody of those people asked him for that explanation anyway.