View Single Post
Old 04-28-11, 09:37 PM   #75
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

Well now this is really weird.

I have tried several different things. I turned off GPU scaling in CCC. I reset the res in d3d9.cfg to 1680 x 1050. I changed the res in Main.cfg to the same. I set my monitors (actually a monitor and HDTV) to duplicate desktops rather than extended. I uninstalled the Res Fix. I reinstalled the Res Fix. I changed all the other settings noted above back and forth several times. I removed the "tweak" that forced the desktop to drop to 1400x1050 when SH3.exe is running. I've tried both ME and MEX2. I've tried them both with the Res Fix's d3d9.dll temporarily renamed. I've tried various combinations of the above in four different game installations.

A couple of times I got the ME to open a campaign file and display the map properly, but whatever the set up I had when that happened, I was unable to duplicate the success in a different game install or even in the same game install the next time I tried to open ME there.

Now sometimes I just get the black window with no map again, and sometimes ME crashes and problem details show the faulty module as Simdata.dll... but I might have been trying to open a campaign file from a GWX install with the ME in my Stock game folder, I don't know. I was pretty confused by that point.

I don't know, I'm starting to think it would just be easier to do a complete reinstall and start from scratch.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote