Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboywooly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Task Force
He might but I think he is going to convert the GWX sh3 ships to Sh4.
Permission is needed first - PM Privateer

And as GWX are going to be using those ships themselves .................

But I wish you luck whatever units you end up using
Sounds promising
Not so fast!

Why would you assume that he is "appropriating" GWX ships from SH3 and importing them? Could it just be possible that ivank is a capable 3D modder with the ability and inclination to do this himself? Permission is not needed for ships not used. Privateer will not be consulted, although Privateer may wish to consult with ivank and Gotmilk after he sees their work. (you might also notice that Privateer did not pop in with such an accusation. He knows it is not necessary or appropriate) A little less hairtrigger sensitivity (and a little more work getting GWX4 assembled ) is called for when people come out with U-Boat related mods. Although the GW has some people of great ability, much great talent works outside the Grey Wolves.

Please be assured that no GWX sips will be harmed during the production of ivank's mod. Keep your eye on this mod. Ivank does GREAT work.

The GW people are dead on target when it comes to 3D modelers though. There are plenty of computer wizards--precious few artists and even fewer competent technical artists who know how to work with 3D software. These people name their own ticket and privateer is right: they don't think of SH4 modding for free as career enhancing. What Ivank has produced so far belies his modesty about his abilities. I think his ships so far are breathtaking! Ivank, heed GWX advice on release dates though. They have experience doing very similar tasks.

Here's hoping he has success in finding some 3D modeling talent. GW deserves to have worthy competition. Competition properly self-moderated works to everyone's benefit by putting everybody at their highest levels.

We are at the beginning of the process of seeing what SH4 is really capable of doing. I can't wait to see what all who have posted in this thread produce!

Last edited by Rockin Robbins; 09-10-08 at 08:10 AM.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote