View Single Post
Old 05-03-07, 04:33 AM   #38
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by XabbaRus
OK got IL-2 1946 First thing I did was try to takeoff off a carrier.

How the hell? Trying to find good links to tutorials. Not much in the documentation Any help?
:rotfl: it sounds that something happend what happend to me when I did a first try.

well important factors of carrier take offs for beginners

take the A6M1 (Zero) without any BOMBs , ''bombs will add weight to the plane and will pull you down into the water, you can take of with bombs but you its really tight space between you and the water when you will lift up''

also in IL2 1946 controls settings, its the matter of setting the Right key for the ''toggle chokes'' function , the chokes are the things that will stick the plane to deck untill you press it to release it so you can start to take off.

so here are some steps as a ZERO:

1. make sure your wings are NOT folded (you will find the key in the Control settings of IL2)
2.Start your engine and set flaps to Take off
3. go full throttle and release the chokes
4. keep your plane in a straight line with the rudder controls.
5. when leaving the deck , pull up gently! (if you pull up to hard your plane will stall and you can have a nice swim)
6. have fun.

About landings...well...lets not think about that , even I havent mastered the landings on a Carrier (succeeded : 1 failed (remember danlisa?:rotfl: ) : lost count )