View Single Post
Old 05-02-22, 06:55 AM   #4577
SeniorCitizen
Army Goes Deep

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
In several places in the mod documentation is mention of not taking boats before their active dates, which are listed in the Submarine Availability pdf file in the Support / ExtraInfo folder. There is also another file BoatsByMonth pdf in the same folder. If you score too high in the game, it will "reward" you with a boat that is much too early. This has been an issue since day one of Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific, and they never were able to "fix" it. Same with some of the conning tower updates and mis-matched equipment. The Balao has
UnitInterval= 1943-05-21, 1963-07-11
so should NEVER under any circumstances be accepted prior to that date. The first base it is available is Mare Island, which is quite different from Treasure Island. Notice that Mare is around the corner to the left of Treasure Island, and up inside San Pablo Bay, not San Francisco Bay. The next available Base is Brisbane
AvailabilityInterval= 1943-06-03, 1943-11-12
(transfers to Milne Bay). Pearl is
AvailabilityInterval= 1943-07-01, NULL
Mare Island is
AvailabilityInterval= 1943-05-24, 1943-07-12
You may have missed the mission dates for Mare Island, might be why you are no longer allowed to dock there. Brisbane is next inline, and becomes active 1st in June, as noted. I'm not certain you will be able to salvage what you have career-wise, but it might work to go sit at Brisbane until July... Just remember, for the future, to NOT take the Tench prior to January 1945... btw, what is "FOTRSU Position Keeper Tweak" mod?
My bad. Should have paid closer attention to the date restrictions. Just wasn't thinking about it at the time. Have already started new career, but may take my last save from old career and go sit at Brisbane a little longer just to see what happens. No biggie. Stuff happens.

Very aware of the 3 different ports in and around the SF Bay, and that Mare is the farthest one in. I actually did try the others after Mare wouldn't let me in.

Thought I only had "approved" mods loaded, but I must have snuck FOTRSU Position Keeper Tweak in without realizing it wasn't on list. Anyway, it's just a graphics tweak for the position keeper. Swaps out 3 DDS files. Have had no issues with it. Here's the link:

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=5133
SeniorCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote