View Single Post
Old 12-06-21, 05:33 AM   #20
ubootmate
Watch

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post

As for dubbing, I don't think every single actor spoke English, so only a handful did their own dubbing.

Nope, that is incorrect, Sailor Steve.

There was actually only one of the characters (who had lines to say) who wasnt able to speak English at all,
so his parts were dubbed by someone else but him. The entire rest was actually able to do their own dubbing.

Since I can speak both languages I must say, that the English dubs are partly terrible to endure since some of their pronounciations are...well....ugly.

Also, since the basic foundation (book, script, movie) is in german, it's quite obvious that some special content like jokes or contemporary german terms
(which aren't even used in todays modern german language anymore) just can't be perfectly translated into the English (or even American) language.
Its like watching " 'Allo 'Allo! " -or even worse - any chosen "Monty Python" flick with german dubbing/translation.

Every book, movie, article, show whose origin is either German or English I watch/read/consume in it`s origin version
and avoid any translation/subs/dubs if possible. Of course, russian, french, spanish
or any other language I don't speak well enough to watch a movie in, I will consume with a proper translation
but still being aware that there's always some basic stuff lost in this translation...

Greetings
U-mate
ubootmate is offline   Reply With Quote