Old 05-28-22, 11:51 AM   #4656
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
S7rikeback & PB,

Have you manipulated a parameter in FOTRSU that affects the assignment of Contact Reports?
i ask because with the last two versions the vast majority of requests to attack by using the Contact Report are replied to in the negative. this is a very different result from Stock so i am drawing a conclusion that some obscure parm has been manipulated. which is fine...i just wondered which parm it is.

btw, i am not sure if i have ever mentioned that the additional island/atoll/straits names are so helpful, even for an old salt who knows Pacific geography. is there a way i can apply some file to Stock to upgrade that installation with more names?
What happens with the Contact Reports is the Ship Type used by the Reports. The mod uses Type=0 through Type=20, but the stock game handling of Contact Reports does not know what anything over a Type=11 BB is, so the "logic" can be bad, dependent upon what you encounter in a group. We have tried several constructs, and will keep trying.

As for the map names, that is in the "Campaign_NMS.cfg" file in Data / Campaigns / Campaign file, which then calls all of the images in Data / Terrain / LocationMaps folder. I have a mod on SubSim here from a few years ago, but have to update it. We generally add a half-dozen or more each release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpex77 View Post
Hey, has anyone had an issue reentering port when Homeport is Guam?
Ive tried different times, angle of approach, but it crashes each time right after Im awarded the Bronze star. Also cannot request transfer from this port. December 1944
Thanks,
Frank
You should not be having an issue like that, but as KM mentions, it would be helpful to have more information. Besides the list of mods you are using, and the boat you are driving,
1. What was the date you started this patrol?
2. Where did you sail from to start this patrol you cannot end?
3. What were your orders for the patrol?
4. Did you complete objectives, sinks ships, etc.?
5. How did you get assigned to Guam?
6. You are able to dock, but are encountering a CTD after the game awards you a Bronze Star?
7. After re-starting the game and trying to Load a career, are you back in the office, and the game ready to start the next patrol?
For a few of the boats, Guam is it, until maybe Subic Bay in February 1945. Several of the submarines should be able to transfer to Pearl, but not all. I don't believe we have encountered anyone crashing after being awarded the Bronze Star, so we would appreciate it if you could zip of your Save folder, post it somewhere, send us a PM with a link, and we'll attempt to see what is visible in that, and get back with you.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote