Old 01-24-22, 03:37 PM   #3
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeutscheQuality View Post
I was thinking about the immersion in Silent Hunter 4 and how it could be used for role playing. A discord server where people start playing in the same year, and send their patrols report. Or perhaps, one day some one create a subsim like Silent Hunter 4 but with multiplayer, with two or three submarines operating simultaneously. But the time compression is always a problem. Maybe the dead Silent Hunter Online was something like this, never played it
Having been a player of SHO, as most referred to it by... can tell you, that a SHO skipper's wolfpacking it, wasn't relegated to them, all being on the same page, year wise... so much... as the ability to wolfpack was.

Could be in a Type II & others in the wolf pack could be rolling with... Type VII's or Type IX's... which as I recall were available... think there was Type XXI & XXIII's, in the workup to them... but... can't swear to that, 100% with any surety... as it was a bit back since then.
Whole basis was... completing objectives, which unlocked a multitude of available plans for getting access to improved U-boats, crew... bunker space... even access to improved torps... each stage opening up more options for objectives that were further out into the open water's... following the general progression of the war... an almost... SH3 open world experience but 1 in which wolfpacking was the main focus...

If I recall, SHO... closed out, 12/ 2016... as I recall. A shame, as for a browser based set up, it wasn't too terrible of a concept.

I do, however feel... it would have been better served, had Ubi, gone with instead... a launcher-based approach... similar in scope to... say... Star Trek Online or Star Wars The Old Republic... or god forbid My even saying this... but... in a World of Warcraft, manner... but, better in scope as STO or SWTOR.

Hope this info helps... on understanding better about SHO... from a former SHO player's perspective.

Last edited by Mad Mardigan; 01-25-22 at 12:05 AM.
Mad Mardigan is offline   Reply With Quote