Thread: AOD Still Rocks
View Single Post
Old 06-05-10, 01:11 PM   #66
Randomizer
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Good post, IanC you have achieved a target round!

I suppose a majority of computer gamers place their imaginations on hold when the monitor lights up. They expect the programmers and graphic artists to build their virtual world rather than using their own brains to do so.

Jusy plain lazy? Looking for the quick and easy audio-visual fix? Programmed by TV and computers not to think for themselves? Something else? Who knows? For many it is far easier to let somebody else, total strangers worshipped as Game Developers, to create the details of their virtual worlds but I prefer to do as much as possible for myself.

For me immersion is all about what is going on rather than merely what I am seeing. I find nothing immersive about a computer generated crew resembling nothing more than mobile dummies in a programmed diorama. I will trust my own imagination to create an immersive gaming experiance and AOTD, SH3 and SH4 can certainly deliver the means to do that, non-state of the art graphics and all.

Being hunted by a late war Hunter-Killer ASW Group that is more than capable of executing your destruction in AOTD can be a rivetting and absorbing experiance without being a sound and light spectacular.