View Single Post
Old 10-20-16, 07:25 PM   #2
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Booting....booting......booting......takes awhile. DVDs are a lot slower than hard drives. But the fact that you can run the whole operating system off a DVD gives you incredible flexibility in repairing Windows! Later you can make a bootable USB drive and that is faster.

Here it is!

I have Ubuntu running in a VirtualBox, so you don't see it quite full screen. I don't have a lot of time so I'm not cropping the image. Your screen will be filled with the purple window there.

You can play with Ubuntu without installing it. I'm going to continue this tomorrow evening so you will have time. Since Ubuntu is running entirely in a RAM disk, you can even install software in this DVD booted instance of Ubuntu.

Right click the desktop and look at the options. Click the swirly thing button on the top left and type aisleriot in the searchbox. Run it for a game of solitaire. You'll have to amuse yourself until tomorrow because I'm out of time for tonight. You can't do any harm. If you screw things up as soon as you shut your computer down it all vanishes forever!
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote