View Single Post
Old 03-05-14, 10:40 PM   #2336
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Another small suggestion for improving your Editor: when, from the 'Textures' tab, we set a new texture path for one of the existing textures, the texture of all the material maps using that texture is updated. At least this is what I can see from model's render preview and from Materials tab' tree view ('Texture' field). Yet, if I right click on one of the updated maps and I select 'Edit', I can clearly see that its 'bitmap' and 'File Name' ExtendedData properties still point to the old texture path/name. In my experience, updating those fields manually causes the file to get corrupt, so the only way to make them pointing to the right texture, is exiting from the ExtededData editor, right click on the 'Texture' field in Materials' tree view, select any other texture among the ones available, and finally re-select the wanted texture.
Is there any way that you can fix that?
v1.1.453.1 fixes problem reported above

I looked into this and had another moment!
I forgot to code in the changing of the Material's ExtendedData type if whatever you did to it caused it's ExtendedData type to change. This has been fixed in v1.1.453.1. Don't be surprised if you get some errors now when changing materials and there's no ExtendedData type found in the file for the new ExtendedData type required. There is a solution coming for this though if you encounter it...just not done coding it in

v1.1.453.1 released. See post #1

Something HUGE is coming soon...when writing the code for the changing of the material's ExtendedData type missing above I had an epiphany...a rather LARGE epiphany
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote