View Single Post
Old 10-24-16, 06:51 PM   #6147
Raven Morpheus
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 143
Uploads: 0

Thanks for the voices, but I'm sure there are some extra ones, not in the vanilla set, added that are in German. I have Sober's speech fix and additional voices mode in English which I could install if that's what has been used.

I don't mind voices in the background being in German (hence the reason I asked about the Das Boot stuff available for SH3/SH4), for ambience, it's just the key speech I'd prefer in English - I tend to keep the message box minimised and out of the way so a translation in there isn't all that helpful and I find it's rather disjointed to hear the guy who sends the weather reports (is Benno the sonar guy or the radio guy?) speaking in English most of the time and then German all of a sudden - I think there's one message where he speaks in English but uses the German word for bearing during the message!.

I don't use real nav, I'm not that hardcore a player.

I'll watch that vid by Potus, the Enigma machine and coded messages seem like a interesting addition to the game. I was hoping to decode the first message you get before you are told to go to Kiel, but unfortunately the game doesn't save the radio messages and when you reload a save (as I have) you don't see previous radio messages so I've lost that one. Guess I'll have to wait for the next one.

Last edited by Raven Morpheus; 10-24-16 at 07:00 PM.
Raven Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote