Old 07-28-19, 07:53 AM   #12448
Tonci87
Captain

Downloads: 116
Uploads: 0

Thank you for another amazing update

By the way, you guys can check the events.ini file in the folder
C:\Games\Silent Hunter 5\data\Sound\Radio\Grossdeutscher Rundfunk\Events

to see when a news event will be played on the radio.

Keep in mind that the start time refers to the time in GMT, not your local time wherever your boat happens to be at that moment. You can see the current time in GMT when you hover your mouse over the digital clock in the upper right corner, or if you click on it. You stopwatch will also show the time in GMT if you are using time compression.

I have actually copied all events files for the radio stations (I have a few additional ones) on my phone in a folder (so that I do not have to ALT-TAB) and I have named them something like GroßDeutRF19410602 which is basically name, year, month, day so that the files will be displayed with the first upcoming event at the top. That way I always know when the next event will be played and I only have to look up the time. I just rename the file according to the next event after one has passed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Equipment names are located in submarine upcge files but I don't think I'll be adding yet another optional mod for this. It's not a good idea to have standalone mod as well because it will probably become outdated pretty soon and that will create problems...
You are probably right VDR, I thought the names would be in some kind of a localisation file, but they are in the file with all the equipment values. So every time on of those values changes all the work would have to be redone. Honestly guys, you can easily see what each part is by reading a little bit of the parts description. After some time you will also have learned the German names.

If you do not understand at all what a part is supposed to be, then write the name in here and I will try to explain.
Tonci87 is offline   Reply With Quote