View Single Post
Old 05-05-06, 05:35 PM   #64
Deathblow
Captain

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Might I make a suggestion on mission "Nordic Hammer"? Perhaps some of the flight schedules readiness for the various destroyers/cruisers should be cut back to alert status 15 and alert status 30 instead of alert status 5. Otherwise every ship has the ability to launch helos at you in no time flat. I did a truth on a mission that I was sunk, and I had 6 helos circling above me.... six....

Is it really possible for an aircraft to stay at alert status five indefinantly while in transit?

EDIT.

Ok... I've realized what really going on. Its not that the game is freezing, its just screeching to a ultra slow halt for some reason. I once experienced the freeze (it happens with the last Kilo spawns) and the game stops. I've distressed again, so go to grab some food. I come back after about 15min and although the game is still frozen, I can see that its moved ahead just a tad albeit slow. So what I do is "pause" the game and go to the pause menu and after about another 10min the game free's up again. I'm not sure what's going on but a least its a relief to know the goal is achievable.

EDIT2

However, I've run into another problem. The goal trigger, Providence reaches the ice, but Buffalo was sunk, won't fire because even though the Buffalo is at 100% damage sitting at the bottom of the ocean its "dead platform" is still there and won't unspawn (like most dead platforms do when after a while they dissappear). The dead buffalo still persist through game-saves and never unspawns and no its not a "show dead platforms" options from the options menu... that option has been off and the other dead platforms have disappeared...all except Buffalo for some reason... and because of that the goal trigger won't fire... very bizarre. *sigh*
Will try to work out the causes eventually, but man that was a lot of work just to end up with a broken trigger.

Last edited by Deathblow; 05-29-06 at 01:52 PM.