Old 12-30-05, 09:53 AM   #20
Bill Nichols
Master of Defense

Downloads: 125
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miika
Thank you Bill for a great campaign

It's been very nice to play, although I ended up shooting down an Airbus 300 (What was it doing in the war-zone anyway? )

I have encountered a problem in the Time on Target mission. I sent the Tomahawks to hit the airbase from South. First time, no effect. The second time I checked with Show Truth on, and it appeared the Tomahawks flew through the airbase and hit the ground about 30ft under the airbase, and the airbase took no damage. Hence no completion of the mission. Anyone else has this problem? I'm using the newest 1.3b patch and LwAmimod for the patch.

About the Reposte mission to Deathblow: you could use your ESM, link targets and helo radar only. This way it will be harder for the enemy to spot you. Just turn your radars on only once the hostile air targets are within the shooting range of your missiles.

Miika[/u]
Concerning Time on Target - Your targeting must be precise, else you'll miss, just like you observed. That's intrinsic to DW, not something I did.

Concerning Reposte: Failure to delay the invasion of Iceland means you'll see many Backfires in this mission. All is not lost, however. If you can shoot down the Bear at the earliest opportunity, then it won't have time to call the Backfires to attack your convoy. (You'll still have to deal with the Badgers, but they're much easier to defend against).