View Single Post
Old 04-26-24, 10:41 AM   #7
Cain77
Nub

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 0

@blackswan40 replied thanks!
@Tigershark624 yeah that sounds like the issue I've encountered with trying to get SH3 commander working on the steam deck
@Hooston thanks for the guidance, I will look into that (I've not touched Wine so that'll be my first step).

Re:SH3 Commander, if I'm correct, I think it'll be possible to run it fine on the steam deck (using the 'non-steam' install approach). However, a possible spanner (from a personal point of view at least) is that running a non-steam game on the steam deck might mean that I can't use the steam deck controller configuration feature. I hope I am wrong though as having to hook up a mouse and keyboard would ruin the experience for me.
One of the things I'm liking about SH3 on the steam deck is the portability (I have gotten into the habit of taking the steam deck to bed, putting it on tc1, and falling asleep listening to the sounds of the waves, atmosphere and gramophone music as I travel from Kiel or throwing it in my bag and checking in on things on the commute to work etc) so hopefully I can find a way to keep all the controller mappings working. If I need to use a keyboard, I may as well just play it on my pc tbh.

But I let you know my findings, I just have to find some time to look at it, I'm having too much fun just playing it at the moment (patrol 7 now, early 1940, still in a type II)
Cain77 is online   Reply With Quote