View Single Post
Old 05-17-23, 08:07 AM   #531
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Even though I agree with her I wish she would stop meddling in other countries affairs.

Quote:
Britain's former prime minister Liz Truss has been strongly criticised by Beijing as she used a speech in Taiwan on Wednesday to warn of the threat China poses to both the island and to the West.

Speaking as part of a five-day visit to the island that has rattled the government in Beijing, Ms Truss told reporters: “It’s absolutely clear that President Xi [Jinping of China] has the ambition to take Taiwan.”

She continued: “Now, we don’t know exactly when that could take place, we also don’t know how, and it’s my view that the preference of President Xi and the Chinese Communist Party would be to do it in a way that doesn’t involve using force, but I certainly think they would be prepared to use force if necessary.

“All we can do, those of us who believe in freedom and democracy, is make sure that Taiwan is as protected as possible and the Chinese government would understand there are severe consequences if they tried to take Taiwan by force.”
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...ng/ar-AA1bixYC

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote