Old 05-06-13, 07:42 AM   #6
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_tyrant View Post
hey, don't write IE8 off.

Its good that Microsoft supports browsers with security patches and bugfixes for a long time. My school still had computers on IE6, because years ago the school board spent big money hiring consultants to write an attendance management program. They just never spent any money getting the guys back to upgrade it. So there is still 2 computers in the office that runs IE6. (Though they never visit any internet websites)

Lots of people still use old versions of IE because of this. Consultants are expensive, and because Microsoft promises to support old browsers for an extremely long time (IE 6 is still being supported), they allow large organizations like companies and government institutions to get the most out of their consulting money.
I've told my computers teacher that they needed to get rid of internet explorer since the first day of school.

Our school has new Gateway Windows 7 Desktops. (We'll have these for another 15 years. My school is incredibly cheap. They still have NetScape installed...) They use IE8 I do believe...and they use Microsoft Security Essentials. The MSE on every computer says it needs to be updated...but the school doesn't want any changes at all on any of the computers. Yet they complain about viruses and try to blame it on a student. Usually me. I'm almost the 2nd teacher for computer class. I convinced my teacher to let me install google Chrome on all of the computers. Nobody uses IE8 in there anymore. IE8 will crash some of those computers. Problem #2 is MSE....

I used it for a while....but then I got AVG and found like 6 trojans and a couple worms. MSE obviously does not work well. Mine had updated definitions. The school's MSE hasn't been updated in months. I bet there's all kinds of crap on these computers but they don't want to pay for antivirus.... They call the tech support everytime something happens. (His name is Josh... The guy's just hilarious. ) They aren't saving money this way. They have money but just don't want to spend it.

Don't blame me or any other student when the server crashes and everybody's info gets stolen.