View Single Post
Old 02-28-16, 06:49 AM   #105
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybermat47 View Post
I agree about the types of flak, gap, that 37mm definitely looks like the earlier 'reload after every shot' type.
Definitely. The only piece of information that is confusing me is that quote from Wikipedia about the "experimental 37 mm automatic gun". It might have been a modification of the SK C/30U but so far I couldn't find any information on it, and it wouldn't be the first time a Wiki article reports wrong information. I will check some books later today, just to be sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybermat47 View Post
If possible, the player should be able to choose what type of flak guns they have while in the bunker, but I think the default loadout should be based on the photos we have available.
I agree. The only problem is that the standard gun equipment as seen in photos and stated by various sources, was already the top possible at the time for an U-boat. Any upgrade in game would be either totally unrealistic or a "downgrade" actually. The only idea I can think of, is the replacement of the stern gun with a slightly improved one, mimicing this (so far) mythical "experimental" 37 mm Flak mentioned by Wikipedia.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote