View Single Post
Old 05-31-10, 09:30 AM   #60
Randomizer
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
Say what? I have played AOTD for years and didn't know there was a refuel feature!!!

What do you have to do for BdU to send you to a milk cow, simply status report when fuel is low?
Remember that U-Boats in AOTD has much greater than historical range so you generally expend torpedoes long before you run short of fuel. However, when you send a status report to BdU, it includes your fuel state, generally OK but if you no longer have enough fuel to reach a friendly port and you are operating in the historical U-Tanker years this can happen. A status report where you get the low fuel warning can result in a response from BdU ordering you to refuel and a yellow tanker icon appears on the strategic map. You then have to close with the tanker and refueling is automatic. I never figured a way to determine bingo fuel using AOTD's primitive fuel gauge but clearly remember several refueling operations in the game. As I recall, there is one line referring to this in the manual (remember when games had useful manuals?) but it was largely undocumented. 15-years later a good chunk of the SubSim community would sell assorted body parts for this feature in SH3 or SH5.