Old 01-13-22, 07:03 PM   #5
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Do this proggy: "Audacity Audio Editor" - there used to be an MP3 library for it also, but I haven't looked closely at the site lately. You can do multiple files, and slip and slide them about, such that by setting the "needle noise" to be in front of the music file, and then another slightly different "needle noise" at the end, and then some judicious use of fader envelopes on each of the files, have some graceful cross-fades and simulate it rather well, other than each you play that particular file, you always have the same needle noise lead-in and fade-out. Their "Help" system, such as it is, is all online, but you cannot argue with the price...
Get some... time, shall look into that, there propbeanie.

Thanks.

Listened to a recording of a song & noted that the needle scratch/hiss/pop.. was strong, a bit... just before the music started... was still a tad... noticeable while the music was playing with some areas the needle noise was a bit... strong but not enough to override the music... before dropping back to a... dull roar, as it were. Finally, when the song reached it's... climax, then the pickup of the needle noise again... before it reached its own climax.

Gonna have to really study that, & see if I can reproduce that...

*sighs*

Would be a whole lot... simpler... if there were actual songs that had been recorded, just as from the actual real deal, being played on a 78 rpm record player... still left around from back then.

May... look into seeing if I can't locate any that actually survived the tampering to get rid of the hiss/pop needle noise... still around.

See of... attacking this, from 2 different angles...

M. M.