Old 04-02-23, 05:23 PM   #1333
derstosstrupp
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 489
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUBAR295 View Post
derstosstrupp,

I did not mean to offend and my apology if so. I respect you and your work highly, have read all that you have written on Uboats, and utilize some your methods for data collection for firing solutions. They're first rate!

I do not question any of your research. It is very thorough and your conclusions are most undoubtedly correct. A balance must be struck between realism and the limitations of SH3, not forgetting game play needs to be factored in also.

Additional, I do not have issue with what you are saying. All I am trying to get at is that all of this as been chewed over before, many times. I see both sides of the buoyancy discussion and the merits of each. Realism, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder and realism does not always translates into better game play. Some, no matter what, will not like the stationary boat and others will. Personally, I do not care if the boat sinks, hovers or rises, I deal with the situation as a commander should and adapt. My main concern is keeping the boat and crew as intact as I can. I play as realistic as I can, keeping a KTB with weather reports every 4 hours, use data collection/ manual targeting and tactics by you and others that have been researched. I play DID. I am sure not many play like this even though it involves realism. It is not everyone's cup of tea.

I use NYGM, GWX and CCoM, with each one having their own favor, as their creators saw as realism.

Bottom line, this Fifi's project and we are really just voyeurs in his modding of NYGM. Luckily, we enjoy what Fifi is willing to share of the fruits of labor. All of this is done for Fifi's likes and dislikes, no one else.

Again, if I have offend, my sincere apologies.

Good hunting,
FUBAR295
Hi FUBAR, thanks for clarifying, I understand now and no offense taken! Agreed, Fifi has done great work and at the end of the day, it’s what he prefers that will make it into the modpack. I will keep that in mind and refrain from further suggestions. Any questions though and I am always happy to answer.

One-Stop Targeting Shop:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...WwBt-1vjW28JbO
My YT Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIJ...9FXbD3S2kgwdPQ
derstosstrupp is online   Reply With Quote