Thread: AI behaviour
View Single Post
Old 12-19-21, 01:12 PM   #11
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

radar

If I recall rightly... some ships crews, would get... discombobbled... & go into full blown panic mode that resulted in a flight... or in this case, that ships all scattered behavior you're seeing, there.

Even weirder... had 1 warship-merchie mixed group I ran into... I did an attack on 2 warships that were prime targets of opportunity (per orders received after sending off a contacts report & got back, to hit the warships of the bunch... with a hearty "best of luck to ya nod from command." to boot.

Needless to say, I hit a light/heavy?? cruiser & 1 BB, out of 2 BB's & 3 cruisers...

group had like... 6-8 DD/DE's & on torps impacting on the 2 targets I went with... the main warships went to a dead stop... the merchies kept on sailing in the course heading they all were on initially...& those DD/De's...

they scattered to the 4 winds, apparently in an attempt to locate lil' ol Me.... never even came close... with maybe... just maybe... the exception of 1 of the DD/DE's... & even that wasn't spot on at that... just grazed by where I was, maneuvering to get into a killing blow spot to finish off the BB... that cruiser by then, had went to the bottom.

On hitting the BB I had targeted... the 2nd time around, the merchie's went Nutz, going Willy-Nilly & scattered to the 4 winds... just like your "convoy" there... Niume.

After I sank the BB... it looked to be that the group... tried to reconverge... if it succeeded or not... Dunno... as by that time... I did like the good shepherd said & got the flock outta Dodge.... stealthily, I might add...

M. M.

That was some time back... & can't rightly recall if that was in an earlier on version of FotRS-U... or another TMO mod set up... but do know it was in a SH4 mod mix... & was U.S. fleet boat mix, at that...

Last edited by Mad Mardigan; 12-20-21 at 05:06 PM.
Mad Mardigan is offline   Reply With Quote