View Single Post
Old 09-10-14, 02:45 PM   #1561
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

I meant in the future, if the US retreats from Europe then there will be a void of power which Europe itself will not fill because it will be too busy attacking and bickering at each other.

I'm not trying to kick up some kind of Red Scare, although to be honest if you think that Eastern Europe and the Baltics don't suspect Russia of trying to regain its control over them...then I think you should probably talk to some more Eastern Europeans. We've already had one make his views clear in this thread. Rational or not, that is a real fear that they have and no-one is going to tell them otherwise, especially after the Ukrainian debacle.
It would be even worse if the EU and NATO fell apart, because they would see us as having abandoned them...again.

No, Skybird, I probably haven't understood what you've said, and I doubt I'm in the minority here on that, I want a Europe that will stand together, not the Europe of the 19th century which ended up in World War One and World War Two, and you can't tell me that the European Union or America was responsible for that. We've had 2000 years of bloodshed, war, destruction and famine, and I'm not exactly keen on any of them, I rather like peace, I rather like it when members of my family don't die, and I'd much rather that we didn't wind up at war with Germany...again.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote