View Single Post
Old 06-11-23, 05:52 AM   #57
Tonci87
Captain

Downloads: 116
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooston View Post
Whilst running a plot might be realistic, is perfect plotting compatible with full realism? It all seems to assume that your boat can maintain a perfectly accurate heading and speed and plot its own position perfectly. It all works perfectly in the game...

It's also fortunate that your targets only zig zag AFTER you have attacked them.

Enjoying the different styles of you and Wolfpack345. I think you have the edge at the moment because of your greater nerd coefficient!
Nerd coefficient, good one LOL

You are of course right in that this method works best in good conditions.
It will not work if the ships vary their course or speed, and I imagine it would work less well in rough weather (although I would expect a helmsman to be able to stay on course if the boat is submerged and a navigator to make an accurate plot).
I had used this method in SH5 TWOS with the real navigation mod, and it still worked, it just required me to plot my own position as well.

In the next episode I will be attacking another ship with the same method (I will do the plotting off camera though), and either because of errors in my measurements when the ship was still at a steep AOB, or because of the ship changing its speed over time I had measurements from 5,5kn to 8kn.
A significant spread.
In such circumstances I advise to use the value measured with the last observations in context with the average speed measured so far.

That is likely to give a good result.
Tonci87 is offline   Reply With Quote