Old 01-15-17, 04:51 AM   #4
AlfredoZ
Swabbie

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Hi Alfredo
You can run a parallel course with the contact and use your surface speed to get in front of it and then close on it.
As soon as you get the bearing from 'smoke on the horizon' showing in the message box, ask the WO to give you the range.
Go to decks awash after the WO has given you the range.
Plot this on the map and move your boat accordingly.
Depending how your game is set up when you lock the target the maps can show you the true bearing and contacts course.
U-boats sit very low in the water and are quite small compared to merchants so are more difficult to be seen.
Peter
Yeah, thx, that's how I do it now. First I ask the WO for the bearing and approximate range, then I wait a couple of minutes and do it again. So I can draw an approximate course of the target, calculate the speed, outrun and intercept it. But I still don't know, if it's enemy until I spend like 2 hours to find out . My intention was to get a visual on the target to save me the time to outrun and intercept it just for then finding out, it's friendly or neutral. Especially at the beginning of the war there are a lot of nations, who are neutral, so a lot of intercepts without firing a single torpedo.
It's a good prctice though, but did they really do it this way to find out who is who?
AlfredoZ is offline   Reply With Quote