View Single Post
Old 11-01-22, 09:50 AM   #5113
jldjs
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Posted by Propbeanie
"would never say that we "fixed" something anymore... lol - we might have made the game slightly more efficient with your computer's RAM usage, but you can still end up with the same, tired results with this #$%$&# game... Now, that said, you got the Balao in May of 1943, which does not always result in something bad happening right away, but it is bad, "invalid data" ("I am sorry Will Robinson. That does not computer") The Balao becomes active May 21, 1943, but at San Francisco, not Midway. It's first "regular" base availability is Brisbane in August 1943, Pearl in September
for mission assignments and on the menu. The Balao at Midway is "active" beginning in July, so if you got the boat right at the May 21 neighborhood, go on a "normal" patrol and come back after July 1, 1943, then it could well look "normal", but there is still that "invalid data" set in the Save folder that will reach out and bite. Hopefully, that's all the trouble that you encounter... Just remember that the "Exit" still applies when going to use a Saved game - just to be certain... It's kind of like the "shelling out to windows" thing,
where a lot of times, if you pause the game and then shell out, you won't have trouble - but not always... it is best not to shell out, and recommended not to do it. Pretend you're still playing on a WinXP 32-bit box with 4gig of RAM and an old AGP graphics card, and you'll be fine (usually).. "

Thanks for explaining, that's what happened. I saw the May 31 date for a Balao but didn't know that did not include Midway! I'll remember that going forwarded.