Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit_Wolf_2 View Post
PlayerCurrentObjectiveCode=Honshu
PlayerDefaultObjectives=ID94
PlayerCurrentObjectives=ID145
PatrolStartDateTime=1942-02-06 18:32:20

And i was using cachalot class sub
Well i deleted every save file but from inside the game, i havent touched the folder at all.
OK, the Honshu code and the ID145 does coincide with the timeframe for the Cachalot for that date, using Patrol Honshu 06 mission, which would actually say to patrol off Kyushu and Shikoku islands, but to stay out of Bungo Suido... I see nothing obviously wrong, and I do have your Save folder downloaded, and looking closer at things. There are no "upgrades" to the Cachalot in the mod, since it does "die on the vine" in mid-1943, which will either result in your getting a new boat, or just continuing on to the end of the game in 1945 in the same tired boat. In light of this, I am suspecting your Save game. Just to clarify though, you say "... i deleted every save file but from inside the game, i havent touched the folder at all." To my "ear", that sounds like you did not delete the actual "C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4" folder then, but rather after you were in the game, you did delete some folders? If that is the case, then you do have a set of "crossed" files in the Save folder that bears part of what you had previously, and part of FotRSU. Which ever way you want to navigate into that Save folder, it would be recommended that you delete the "cfg" folder below the SH4 folder - unless you changed the folder name with MultiSH4, in which case, delete that. That will "kill" your career progress thus far, but should allow a full career then, with proper configuration. If you did delete the Save folder from Windows Explorer, then don't delete that yet, and let me look further into your Save data here... Let me know either way, though please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldjs View Post
Been using FotRSU v1.8 with FixPak1.8 since early September, no problems. Currently I'm running a campaign which started at Midway in '42 in a Gato and proceeded into May '43 where I was awarded a Balao, again at Midway. After a few patrols in this Balao, completed patrol to East China Sea and then Luzon Strait and returned to Midway Oct 3 '43. Then started a new patrol Oct 23 '43 to Truk area, same Balao. I took a Save point after leaving Midway and setting the course to Truk. I did NOT exit to windows, but resumed on the course and took second Save point later, again not exiting to Windows, but to Main menu where I loaded the first Save. When I opened the Nav map the course I plotted to Truk was no longer there! So I went back and started from Saves I took prior to this patrol, before ending Oct 3, everything worked fine, the plotted courses all showed on the Nav map with restarting those Saves. I reported this issue back with V1.7 and v1.6. The suggestion was to Save and exit to Windows, then restart. But with v1.8 this issued seemed to be fixed. And, it was, until I started this new patrol, in a Balao, Oct 23 '43 game month.

FotRUS v.18
[MODS]
100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.8=1
399_NoScrollNavMap=2
304_NoJapaneseAirRadar=3
901_Strategic_Map_Symbols=4
SH4_original_4k_light_blue=5
454c_EasyAOB_InputTargetDistanceOnTBT=6
JayMyKey=7 (this is my laptop keyboard mapping)
101_FotRSUv18_FixPak=8
I would never say that we "fixed" something anymore... lol - we might have made the game slightly more efficient with your computer's RAM usage, but you can still end up with the same, tired results with this #$%$&# game... Now, that said, you got the Balao in May of 1943, which does not always result in something bad happening right away, but it is bad, "invalid data" ("I am sorry Will Robinson. That does not computer") The Balao becomes active May 21, 1943, but at San Francisco, not Midway. It's first "regular" base availability is Brisbane in August 1943, Pearl in September
for mission assignments and on the menu. The Balao at Midway is "active" beginning in July, so if you got the boat right at the May 21 neighborhood, go on a "normal" patrol and come back after July 1, 1943, then it could well look "normal", but there is still that "invalid data" set in the Save folder that will reach out and bite. Hopefully, that's all the trouble that you encounter... Just remember that the "Exit" still applies when going to use a Saved game - just to be certain... It's kind of like the "shelling out to windows" thing, where a lot of times, if you pause the game and then shell out, you won't have trouble - but not always... it is best not to shell out, and recommended not to do it. Pretend you're still playing on a WinXP 32-bit box with 4gig of RAM and an old AGP graphics card, and you'll be fine (usually)..

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote