Old 04-04-22, 10:51 AM   #2
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Witt View Post
I've noticed im my last few patrols that the day-night cycle gets out of whack. It seems that the sun is always a bit behind schedule, setting and rising too late.
In one patrol this was off by 3-4 hours at one point! Now, in that patrol I may have saved the game too close to land and/or enemy units which might explain the offset.

Now in my current patrol I've made sure my saves are very clean and I've been monitoring the sun cycle. After about 5 days the sun sets/rises about 18 minutes late. Now, my questions are:
1.) Do other players have the same issue?
2.) Does anybody know what causes this and is there anything I can do to prevent this, a game setting or a computer setting?

As to query 1, yeah... have noted this... but more so in SH3 & 4... since I don't much dink about playing 5, not near as much as I do with the predecessors before 5.

As for query 2... 1, of 2 things come to mind here...

1. That, you are forgetting to take into account time shift differences... aka namely, different time zones... The clock is set up for your base time, aka the base you are ported out of... that's 1 possibility.

2. Instances of running or pushing the time compression too hard...

running faster than 512 TC... will do that or begin, depending on 1's computer rig... some may not experience issues with the day/night cycle until they push past 1024 TC...

With this, 1 can... adjust the figure on just how high up the 'TC' ladder, 1 can go... think the preset is somewhere in the 8,192 TC.

What I do, is to go into the main.cfg & set up max TC to either 512 or 1024... & no higher than that.

That .cfg file, I do that on... is the 1, located in your games save folder... not the one where the game/sim is housed. Although... 1 could do it there... IF... 1 did it, BEFORE running the game... after getting all the mods set up 1st &... with having set up a brand new, unused, game save point folder... using MultiSH5.

Hope this info... helps.

M. M.